Thursday, 12 June 2014
There is one item on my bucket list that would be amazing if I could cross off, which is why I’m making it my now what. My now what is to not worry so much. It’s something I do often and I hate it! I hate the feeling I get in my stomach and the stress it can give me. By making my now what to not worry so much, I will be able to cross off many more things on my bucket list. Like bitting my nails, it’s a bad habit I have that I sometimes do when I’m worried. Not worrying so much in my life will let me have more fun, and to not care about the little things that don’t really mean that much and won’t make a huge impact on my life in a few days. I think making my now what to not worry so much will give me the push I need to really try and not worry so much. To some this may not seem like a huge item to cross off my bucket list but to me it is, and it’s something I really want to cross off.
My name is Karli, and this is My Buried Life. I’m 17 years old, and I’m a senior in high school. I’ve never created a bucket list before but it was interesting to really think about what I wanted to do in my life. My list consisted of mostly doing good, bettering myself and traveling. Which I feel most bucket lists are like, but no matter what each bucket list is unique to the person who wrote it. My life has consisted of a lot of traveling which is why I want to do more of it. To be able to experience other cultures, and places. There are so many amazing places that I want to go to like, Australia, Africa, Europe, etc. I really hope I will be able to visit these places one day, and hopefully many more places because traveling is a great experience and something I love to do. Some of the things on my bucket list are really out of my comfort zone because throughout my life I have not been that out there with my personality or with anything I do, but I hope that as I get older and start experiencing new things by slowly cross some things off my bucket list it will help me break out of my shell so I can continue to cross off items on my bucket list and not let fear hold me back. Watching the buried life was inspired me to really try to complete or at least make a dent in my bucket list. The boys all have different personalities and it’s interesting to see how they all react to the different items on their list. I like how no matter what they never give up, or say “oh no, we really shouldn’t be doing this.” I love the confidence they have and I hope I can have that confidence while doing my bucket list items. I hope one day I can look back and think about how amazing the idea of creating a bucket list was because of all the amazing things I did. This is My Buried Life
1. Be in New York at Christmas/New Years
2. Study abroad
3. Swim with sharks
4. Travel to Europe
5. Ride a train
6. Volunteer in a developing country
7. Ride an elephant
8. See the northern lights in Alaska
9. Go surfing
10. Donate my hair to cancer
11. Go to the Olympics
12. Make a difference in someone's life
13. Own a cottage
14. Find a secret door
15. Go scuba diving
16. Go to a "real" haunted house
17. Go commercial fishing with my dad
18. Hit a home run
19. Be more outgoing
20. Finish the Harry potter books
21. Look through a telescope
22. Pay off something for my parents (house, car, etc.)
23. Visit Australia
24. Buy the person behind me coffee/their order
25. Go on an African Safari
26. Punch someone
27. Adopt a child
28. Go to a music festival
29. Learn not to worry so much
30. Go on a walk every day, no matter what.
31. Walk on abbey road
32. Eat galati in Italy
33. Talk/cry myself out of a ticket
34. Stop bitting my nails
35. See Ellen live
36. Fly in first class
37. Drive on a race track
38. Learn how to walk properly in heels
39. Let go of a floating lantern
40. Do the walk for the cure
41. Pick pocket someone, just to see if I could get away with it (I'd give it back)
42. Become a teacher
43. Start a family
44. Ride a cable car in San Francisco
45. Visit Alcatraz
46. Go to harry potter world
47. Plant a garden
48. Stand in a waterfall
49. Experience no gravity
50. Learn how to drive standard
51. Go to the White House
52. See an NBA game
53. Go whale watching
54. Throw a first pitch
55. Visit the Anne Frank house
56. Visit elephant national park in Thailand
57. Play hide and seek in Ikea
Thursday, 22 May 2014
Classes should instantly be moved outside the second it gets nice out! Students are already so distracted in classes already when it's -40 out so we're crazy when it's +20 out. And it's always so gross and hot and muggy in the school cause they haven't figured out the air yet in the first week of nice weather so we should all just go outside and learn when it's a beautiful day out!
Wednesday, 21 May 2014
1. I went into the caf to listen in on the conversations. I listened for the majority of the 20 minutes. There were 2 big groups who's conversations I was listening to.
2. I learnt that teenagers don't really have filters and say whatever comes to their mind especially when they're talking with their friends. I also noticed there is usually a "leader" who is the one who's brings up the topics and talks the most.
3. I can apply this if I was ever writing about teens, that way it would be easy to right about, also because I am a teen.
4. You can figure out who is more of a listener and more quiet. Also who really likes to talk and have attention on them.
5. Either there are many opinions in the conversation because there are so many people, or not a lot because the others are just listening.
6. That many people don't have a filter and that really makes the conversation a lot more interesting. Also how quickly the topic can change.
7. Written conversations are more thought out and usually have a certain direction. Spoken conversations and sometimes just to fill the quiet so they can be about anything and not really have a purpose. But written and spoken conversations can both have a meaning you just may arrive at it in a different way.
Wednesday, 14 May 2014
How did it snow this morning! I don't understand it's May! It's supposed to be all sunny and warm, but no it's snowy and cold. The rhyme is "April showers bring May flowers." Not April showers bring May snow! That is not alright! The snow needs to go away!
Wednesday, 7 May 2014
I believe the so what of this picture is that anyone can be friends. The picture shows an ape and a banana and they seem to be getting along. Which is not likely because apes eat bananas, but in this picture they seem to be friendly with each other